Since founding CWIT in 2014, we have consistently seen that our greatest strength has been the overwhelming support demonstrated by our community of local women.
~ Eileen Krepkovich, CWIT President
How can you get involved?
Charlottesville Women in Tech and Tech-Girls provide lots of ways to get involved with the local community.
CWIT runs and prospers thanks to the time and talents of many members of our community. Even if you don't have much time or the ability to make a long-term commitment, you can still help CWIT thrive!
We are actively seeking volunteers in:
If you have any of the above skills and would like to use them to contribute to the CWIT mission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
In January 2021, we are launching an online workshop series with the goal of offering middle school girls in the region an outlet to understand, pursue, and grow their STEM+CS interests. We are currently recruiting workshop facilitators to share their passion for STEM+CS with the next generation. Training and support will be provided.
Contact Kim Wilkens (email@example.com) if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity.
Organizations we actively collaborate with
- Charlottesville Women in Tech Sponsors - annual sponsorship supports our meetups, book clubs, Tech-Girls programming and other events we offer or collaborate on.
- Shift/Enter - providing educational and career development resources, in a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Charlottesville Business Innovation Council (CBIC) - with a mission to educate, celebrate and advocate for Charlottesville’s technology community and to accelerate technology innovation and entrepreneurship in the region.
- Computers4Kids (C4K) - with a mission to improve low income youth’s computer and learning skills through caring mentorship, structured training, a vibrant learning environment, and access to a computer at home.
- St. Anne's-Belfield School - a preK- 12 independent school that partners with Tech-Girls to host a variety of events including Girls' Geek Day, Yes We Tech! and Bio-Med Tech-Girls.
- UVA Biomedical Engineering - where engineering rigor and invention is focused on biology. UVA BME partners with Tech-Girls to host and support Bio-Med Tech-Girls, a week-long summer program to immerse young women in high school in with the latest tech happening in the field of BME.