CWIT runs and prospers thanks to the time and talents of many members of our community. Even if you don’t have much time or the ability to make a long-term commitment, you can help CWIT thrive and grow!
We are actively seeking volunteers in the following areas:
- social media
- graphic design
- website development/maintenance
- PR/ marketing
If you have any of the above skills, and would like to use them to contribute to the CWIT mission, please email email@example.com
Help at a CWIT meeting!
Volunteering to help at an upcoming CWIT meeting is an easy and fun way to get involved! See descriptions of volunteer opportunities below.
- Meeting Set-Up: Arrive at 5:10 and help the Board with set-up.
- Meeting Check-In: Arrive at 5:25 and join Jessica to meet, greet and make name tags.
- Meeting Clean-Up: Stay after (7:30-7:45/8:00) and help clean up after the meeting.
- Food Pick-Up: We will order food from Harris Teeter; you will pick it up without leaving your car!
- Social Media Ambassador: Use your facebook and/or twitter to give a personal shout-out about our upcoming meetup. Link to invitation and suggested text will be provided.
If you are interested in helping with any of these tasks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve on a CWIT Volunteer Committee
Like planning events? We do, too—and we have the opportunity to plan some big ones in the coming year. To help us do so, we have formed our first ever CWIT event volunteer committee. Please contact the Board if you are interested in joining this effort.
Interested in Joining the CWIT Board?
Serving on the CWIT board provides an amazing experience at joining some of the best local women in tech and making a valuable contribution to the CWIT mission. Working with the board provides access to great mentorship and networking opportunities, and is a fantastic way to build your resume.
We have a board opening! Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about serving on the Board.
Do Outreach with Tech-Girls
Have fun while inspiring the next generation of women in tech!
- Maker Club. Calling all female makers—join the Tech-Girls: Maker Club! The Maker Club is open to all women & girls who are interested in learning together how to bring our wearable tech fashion ideas to life through sewing & soldering, programming & electronics and more. If you are interested in learning more, please complete this form.
- Girls’ Geek Day. Girls’ Geek Days are all about sparking elementary school-aged girl’s interest in technology and computing by providing a fun, collaborative, hands-on environment to learn new tech skills and helping them connect to other STEM programs in the community. Volunteer on a Saturday to help elementary school-aged girls get hands on with tech. If interested, please complete the volunteer form.
- Inspire Others. As a woman or girl in technology, you possess a hidden super power, the ability to inspire the next generation of girls in technology. Charlottesville Women in Tech and Tech-Girls want to shine a spotlight on what you do. Please consider sharing your story by completing this form.
In addition to the opportunities listed above, make sure to also check out the other ways you can contribute to the local tech community, listed on our Outreach page.