Help CWIT Thrive
CWIT runs and propers thanks to the time and talents of many members of our community. Even if you don’t have much time or the ability to make a long-term commitment, you can help CWIT thrive and grow!
In addition to the opportunities listed below, make sure to also check out the other ways you can contribute to the local tech community, listed on our Outreach page.
Current Sign-up Sheets
|June CWIT meetup||N/A||6||View & sign-up »|
Volunteering to help at an upcoming CWIT meeting is an easy and fun way to get involved! See descriptions of volunteer opportunities below.
- Meeting Set-Up: Arrive at 5:10 and help the Board with set-up.
- Meeting Check-In: Arrive at 5:25 and join Jessica to meet, greet and make name tags.
- Meeting Clean-Up: Stay after (7:30-7:45/8:00) and help clean up after the meeting.
- Food Pick-Up: We will order food from Harris Teeter; you will pick it up without leaving your car!
- Social Media Ambassador: Use your facebook and/or twitter to give a personal shout-out about our upcoming meetup. Link to invitation and suggested text will be provided.
Do Outreach with Tech-Girls
Have fun while inspiring the next generation of women in tech!
- Maker Club. Calling all female makers—join the Tech-Girls: Maker Club! The Maker Club is open to all women & girls who are interested in learning together how to bring our wearable tech fashion ideas to life through sewing & soldering, programming & electronics and more. If you are interested in learning more, please complete this form.
- Girls’ Geek Day. Girls’ Geek Days are all about sparking elementary school-aged girl’s interest in technology and computing by providing a fun, collaborative, hands-on environment to learn new tech skills and helping them connect to other STEM programs in the community. Volunteer on a Saturday to help elementary school-aged girls get hands on with tech. If interested, please complete the volunteer form.
- Inspire Others. As a woman or girl in technology, you possess a hidden super power, the ability to inspire the next generation of girls in technology. Charlottesville Women in Tech and Tech-Girls want to shine a spotlight on what you do. Please consider sharing your story by completing this form.
Serve on a CWIT Board Committee
Like planning events? We do, too—and we hope to have the opportunity to plan some big ones in the coming year. We will be looking for people to help us do so. Please contact the Board if you are interested in joining this effort.
Interested in Joining the CWIT Board?
We recognize that joining the Board is a major commitment—that’s why we’re interested in helping prepare members to eventually do so. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about serving on the Board.